Today (January 8th) is Noble Drew Ali’s birthday
Posted by Peter Moon via Thirteen Love Community (TLC) @da13thsun
Today (January 8th) begins the Moorish American Holy Week of Freedom in honor of the Prophet Noble Drew Ali’s birthday. Noble Drew Ali was the first recognized prophet of Islam in modern day American, formerly known as Al Maurikanos (El Morocco) and taught the Moors the true history of their people. Noble Drew Ali’s Moorish Science Temple was the biggest religious movement of its time (1920s) and he was undermined by Freemasonic interests who created Amos and Andy, the first nationally syndicated radio program, to lampoon the Moorish Science Temple. The FBI scrutizined Noble Drew Ali and his Temple which was destroyed when Noble Drew departed this world. It was subsequently taken over by Wallace Farad who reorganized it and turned it over to Elijah Muhammad. Today, no mention is made of Noble Drew Ali by major media during Black History Month. The truth is not comfortable because it represents the dissolution of so many institutions. Please remember Noble Drew today and find out more about him.
13LOVE 13Wisdom 13knowledge 13Raspect via TLC
It’s Thursday afternoon – which means Sufi time (it was two weeks ago that I went to see the qawwali at the Nizamuddin dargah). At about 3pm I set off to explore Firoz Shah Kotla, the ruins of a former Delhi – Firozabad – which was built by Firoz Shah Tughlaq, Sultan of Delhi, in about 1354.
The remains of Firoz Shah’s capital are now in east-central Delhi, and to get to them I passed through the Bengali area – just like being in Brick Lane! I dropped in to an enormous Bengali cafe and sweet shop for some tea and kesar raj bhog, a super-super-sugary sweet that turned up the same unearthly sunshine yellow as the formica tabletop:
View original post 314 more words
From the book Ancient Art of Self Healing which is a collection of excerpts from lectures, notes and classes by SSS Harbhajan Singh Khalsa (Yogi Bhajan)
ANTENNAS OF YOUR BODY
Hair is the most potent, purest form of protein in the world. The very root of the hair has the oil of the protein. This oil is enough to support your brain through any activity. One thing Nature knows is that in every part of your body you have to have hair, because they are the antennas for that area of the body. Each cell in the body goes through certain changes, and who is to provide that change in the antennas? Hair.
Hair is the pranic antenna. It is energy, pure protein. Take a bunch of cut hair and put it around a tree and see what happens to the tree. It shoots up.
God is not just a mischief-monger to give a human the longest hair on the scalp. Its purpose is to work on the brain. The brain needs vitamin D, energy, phosphorus, and metals. The number of units of vitamin D that these hairs provide immediately to the brain is unbelievable.
RISHI KNOTS (Jura) AND WOODEN COMBS
It is very positive for a woman to wear her hair tied on top of her head on the solar center in a rishi knot. It is obligatory for the woman to wear her hair down at night, loose or in a braid. Braiding the hair at night is one of the most wonderful ways to take care of your most powerful energy antennas. For normal health of her eyes, menstruation cycle and long maintenance of her youth it is obligatory that she use a wooden comb, combing her hair back, forward, back, and so on. This is for circulation of the scalp area.
Men tie a rishi knot almost where the soft point was when he was a child. A woman’s hair is supposed to be tied exactly at the solar centers. Why? Well, she doesn’t have a beard and we never asked why. Because of the waning and waxing of the moon, she has to protect her solar centers more powerfully than the male.
When a woman’s hair is loose, her identity to submit becomes a hundred times greater. In old times it was a custom that when a woman went to her husband in intimacy, she let her hair down. Unfortunately, now, during the day, everybody has their hair loose. Understand this action in the light of the downfall of sexual values. The old Judaic and Islamic scriptures say that a “woman with loose hair and a mad dog have no difference whatsoever as far as integrity is concerned.”
Men should also comb their hair with a wooden comb. A wooden comb is one simple thing which does not create any charge or discharge of electromagnetic energy. That’s why we use wood. Wood is surely and definitely a bad conductor of heat and electricity. It is a very healthy thing for combing your hair.
The wooden comb is for whenever you feel low in energy. Just comb your hair back and forth with a wooden comb, right there on the spot. It is just like a shot in the arm. Try it sometime. It works much faster than you can imagine. The wooden comb is a very virtuous thing.
It is written that it is very non-righteous to expose your hair to the cruelty of the change of weather. The Eskimos keep their heads covered all the time. In the tropics, even the basic tribes have their heads covered, just like we tie a turban.
SHAVING THE HEAD
In ancient times, shaving the head was a sign of the slave, so all monks were to be shaven. And they were just spiritual destitutes. They depended just on that message, that is why it was made possible to dishonor them by cutting off their hair. Cutting the hair on your head, on the crown, does nothing but dishonor yourself. Ancient man through all his knowledge knew it, but there were so many monks that it became a fashion. The barbers took over.
A monk is a person who only carries a message and is dead in his personality. If you take a monk by the neck and beat him to death, he should not utter a word, if he is a monk. That person has the right to shave his head. Shaving your head means you have lost your total existence, energy, and your contact with God. You are only carrying the master’s word, you have nothing of your own.
For many centuries, even in the West, the knights, the barons, and all those big people, when they lost a war, they never were killed. They used to ask for death, but the winning knight would just cut off the locks of hair of the loser.
A woman should never wear her hair over her forehead. God can grow hair wherever He likes, but no hair grows on the forehead. The forehead bone, the sinus bones or the frontal bone, is porous because it functions to transmit light to the pineal gland in the brain.
An experiment was done in which 40 women covered their forehead area between the eyebrows and the hairline for 40 days. The result was that those women could not look into the eyes of a male.
LEGS AND ARMPITS
Most women in America shave their legs and armpits. Perhaps if they realize that by cutting the hairs under the arms they are affecting their magnetic field and the sympathetic nervous system and that by shaving the leg hairs they are altering the electromagnetic field of the lower spine, they might think twice about shaving. Women do not understand what those tiny, tiny hairs on their legs do for them. They only know they are bad things. You know how the legs move, right? On both sides of the legs there are hairs. Those hairs create an electromagnetic field which balances the movement of the pituitary. You shave it and it is your problem; they say it can make you insane.
Importance of Long Hair and beards
- Hair is the most potent, purest form of protein in the world. The very root of the hair has the oil of the protein. This oil is enough to support your brain through any activity.Hair is the pranic antenna. It is energy, pure protein.Hardly 0.5% of the protein that we take in with our daily diet, is spent on their upkeep. On the other hand, trimmed hair consumes much more protein because this has to be spent on the re-growth of the hair
- The brain needs vitamin D, energy, phosphorus, and metals. The number of units of vitamin D that these hairs provide immediately to the brain is unbelievable.Shaving causes vitamin ‘D’ deficiency and this vitamin, in its turn, is directly concerned with the calcium metabolism of the whole organism.
- The hair helps to synthesize vitamin D from sunlight. It also helps to supply the pituitary gland (located in the head) with phosphorous. Phosphorous is an element which is used in meditation by the aforesaid gland
- Research has highlighted the fact that the hair serves as a factory providing Vitamin D for the body. Vitamin D protects a person against the fatal disease like Tuberculosis and is an essential element for bones, teeth and the nervous system. This is an item that is becoming scarce today. The reason behind its scarcity is that Vitamin D in vegetables is missing to a great extent as a result of the insecticides being sprayed for the protection of vegetable crops from certain diseases.
- The specific physiological function of the hair, so far as the present knowledge goes, is to ingest and assimilate solar radiations. Each hair is in accumulation of pigmented (coloured) cells. This pigment is of the melanin type which has got the special affinity for the ultra-violet rays of the sun. The solar radiations cause important photo-synthetic chemical developments in the hair cells. Fatty secretion of the skin feeds the hair with the pre-cursor chemical of vitamin ‘D’ which is decomposed and recomposed in an assimilable form, in the hair cells with the help of the solar rays. Vitamin ‘D’ is very essential for the growth, development and integrity of all tissues and organs of the body
- Hair helps to keep the head cool. Human hair on the scalp provides shade from the sun.
Hair cells are instrumental in helping us keep our sense of equilibrium (orientation with respect to gravity). When our bodies accelerate, decelerate, spin or fall, sensory hair cells are prompted by a sequence of events within the ear to release transmitter chemicals, which in turn stimulate sensory neurons to give us our orientation.
- It forms an insulating coat on the body. Trap a layer of still air just outside the skin, and thereby reduce loss of heat by radiation. It absorbs harmful radiations from the sun
- The hair of the legs regulates the glandular system and stabilizes a person’s electromagnetic field. The hair under the armpits protects the very sensitive area where the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems come together; this affects the brain and your energy level. Eyebrows protect the eyes from sun and sweat. Facial hair on men covers the moon center on the chin and protects them from excessive moon energy. The hair on top of the head is very long, while the hair on the body is short.
- It has been proven scientifically that people who have long hair tend to be less tired, more energetic and less likely to become depressed. People who have long hair also conserve energy and don’t feel the cold of winter the same as people with short hair. A person who has shorn hair wastes his body’s energy. A person who cuts his hair over his lifetime forces the body to grow 22 meters of replacement hair. A person who keeps his hair only produces 1.5 meters of hair over his lifetime.
- It is very positive for a woman to wear her hair tied on top of her head on the solar center in a rishi knot. In men the solar center is on top of the head at the front (anterior fontanel). Women have two solar centers: one is at the center of the crown chakra, the other is on top of the head towards the back (posterior fontanel).
- It is obligatory for the woman to wear her hair down at night, loose or in a braid. Braiding the hair at night is one of the most wonderful ways to take care of your most powerful energy antennas. For normal health of her eyes, menstruation cycle and long maintenance of her youth it is obligatory that she use a wooden comb, combing her hair back, forward, back, and so on. This is for circulation of the scalp area.
- Men tie a rishi knot almost where the soft point was when he was a child. A woman’s hair is supposed to be tied exactly at the solar centers.Because of the waning and waxing of the moon, she has to protect her solar centers more powerfully than the male.
- When a woman’s hair is loose, her identity to submit becomes a hundred times greater. In old times it was a custom that when a woman went to her husband in intimacy, she let her hair down.
- Men should also comb their hair with a wooden comb. A wooden comb is one simple thing which does not create any charge or discharge of electromagnetic energy. That’s why we use wood. Wood is surely and definitely a bad conductor of heat and electricity.
- A woman should never wear her hair over her forehead.The forehead bone, the sinus bones or the frontal bone, is porous because it functions to transmit light to the pineal gland in the brain.Bangs cover the 3rd eye, inhibiting intuition and subtle knowledge
- The hairs of the face protect the meridian lines along the jaw. (The meridian lines are energy lines that run through the body like blood vessels. Acupuncture has them mapped out.) The lunar facial nerves are located in the chin. They channel lunar energy. The same energy that influences a woman’s menstrual cycle and her emotions. The hair on the bottom of the chin insulates that nerve and keeps a man from being too emotional under lunar influence. Men are supposed to represent the Sun, which is constant with occasional flares
- Hair on legs and arms create an electromagnetic field which balances the movement of the pituitary
12 Natural Remedies For Eczema, Rashes and a Range of Persistent Skin Conditions